Five things you should know about the Massachusetts Life Sciences Milestone Achievement Program (MAP) in order to apply for funding.
This is a great opportunity for Massachusetts companies that we at TechSpring central do not want you to miss!
1. This is the first competitive grant in this program, being offered by Massachusetts Life Sciences Center. A total of $2 million has been approved to provide awards ranging from $50,000 to $200,000 to early-stage companies that fall into the categories of bioinformatics, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, diagnostics, and medical devices.
2. Applications can be found at http://www.masslifesciences.com/programs/map and will be accepted from December 8, 2014 until noon EST on February 2, 2015. Awards will be announced in May, 2015.
3. This grant is intended to help companies achieve important milestones in, for example, prototype development, clinical testing, legal filings, and business plan development. If awarded funding in 2015, a company can choose to apply for the next year as well using a different milestone.
4. In addition, applicants must have:
- $50,000 in funding and not exceed $1 million in equity or convertible debt
- A current or former mentor
- Proof of registration to do business in Massachusetts
5. There are still three information sessions that you can attend to learn more:
- January 8, 2015 - 3:00 - 4:15 pm - MBI/WPI 60 Prescott St. 4th floor Worcester, MA 01605
- January 14, 2015 - 3:00 - 4:15 pm - LabCentral 700 Main Street Cambridge, MA 02139
- January 22, 2015 - 8:30 - 9:45 am - Bay Colony 1000 Winter Street North Entrance, 1st floor Waltham, MA 02451
Or you can email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck to all those who apply!