Three things are imperative to the advancement of digital healthcare solutions:
- An authentic healthcare environment to test and prove solutions
- Access to healthcare technology systems and informatics
- A forum for healthcare and technology experts to communicate and collaborate
TechSpring provides all three.
Launched in 2014 by Baystate Health, TechSpring provides technology companies access to a real, live health system using a proven process and platform to test and validate digital health solutions.
This benefits technology companies, healthcare systems, and most of all, patients.
Baystate Health is a $2.5B health system with more than 12,000 employees serving about 1M patients in Western Massachusetts.
From startups to large technology firms, TechSpring works with companies that have a project ready to test and validate within an authentic healthcare environment. These partners work within one or more TechSpring programs.
Read more about our Innovation Partners.
TechSpring collaborates with industry leaders in technology and healthcare that also provide resources and support. Our partners share the common vision of accelerating the adoption of technology in healthcare -- efficiently and cost effectively -- to transform healthcare for ourselves, our loved ones, and future generations.
Read more about our Strategic Partners: Cerner, Dell, Premier, Medecision, and IBM/Mainline.
Founders and Management
- Joel Vengco: TechSpring Founder and Baystate Health Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Christian Lagier: TechSpring Co-Founder and Managing Director
- Jill McCormick: Innovation Strategist, Director of Design & Innovation
- Joe Diver: Innovation Strategist, Director of Digital Transformation
TechSpring Innovation Board
Innovation projects are reviewed and supported by the TechSpring Innovation Board which, in addition to the founders, includes:
- Howard Goldberg: Chief Medical Information Officer, Baystate Health
- Jean Ahn: Chief Strategy Officer and Senior Vice President, Baystate Health
- Dennis Chalke: Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer, Senior Vice President, Community Hospitals, Baystate Health
- Tejas Gandhi: Chief Operating Officer, Baystate Medical Center
- Doug Salvador: Senior Vice President, Chief Quality Officer, Baystate Health, Chief Medical Officer, Baystate Medical Center
- Jane Albert: Senior Vice President, Marketing, Communications & External Relations, Baystate Health
- Vanessa Smith: Vice President & Chief General Counsel, Baystate Health
As appropriate, leaders from strategic partners or other advisors are also consulted in our review process.
Read more about the leadership team and staff.