Baystate Health is a progressive, integrated health system nationally recognized for quality of care and technology adoption. TechSpring works every day to facilitate the projects and interactions that are solving the problems of our industry today, re-inventing healthcare as we know it. Come join our team!
Curious what the TechSpring office looks like? - click here ...
Interested in learning more about Springfield, MA? - click here ...
Cerner Innovation Architect (Solutions Architect)
Come help us solve the biggest problems in healthcare today. Our Solutions Architect will provide expertise on the design, build, and current use of applications at Baystate Health to support requirements gathering and discovery for innovation initiatives. The SA will collaborate with Innovation Strategists, who manage TechSpring projects, to identify areas of opportunity for innovation, define technical project scope and resource needs, and advise on the best approach to bring new technology into Baystate Health.
TechSpring accelerates innovation in healthcare informatics & technology. Our main activity is structuring and executing innovation projects in partnership with Baystate Health and world-class technology innovators such as Cerner, Intersystems, AthenaHealth, Imprivata, Medecision, NTT Data, and BD.
This work is challenging. We engage and lead clinical and technology innovators in complex cross-organizational and inter-departmental project teams. To ensure success, we anchor our work in one question: What needs to be learned or proven to move new solutions forward? This is a lean-startup-meets-healthcare, no-excuses approach, with a laser focus on what we can get done today.
Please email us: email@example.com
Position reports to: Managing Director and co-founder of TechSpring, Christian Lagier
Work location: TechSpring, downtown Springfield, MA. You must be local or willing to relocate. This is a quality-of-life position: interesting work in the Massachusetts healthcare ecosystem with the nation's top innovators; no travel required.
- Serve as Cerner Millennium expert on TechSpring team and primary liaison to the Clinical Solutions team within Informatics and Technology
- Work directly with Cerner and innovation teams building technical proof of concepts leveraging emerging interoperability and user interface technologies, e.g. Smart on FHIR, CDS hooks, SmartZone, AMA IHMI, block chain
- Use workflow and system knowledge to analyze and understand Baystate Health’s “passionate problems” and assess the feasibility of our client’s ideas to solve them. Our clients are leading healthcare technology innovators.
- Oversee writing of system build and interface specifications by innovation teams
- Lead design and documentation of workflows in collaboration with external innovators and Baystate clinicians and informaticists
- Review, create and manage execution of test plans
- Perform data mapping, analysis, and de-identification
- Maintains current knowledge of emerging technologies, industry trends and best practices
- Strong, broad conceptual understanding, and hands-on experience with technology such as clinical enterprise technology (EMRs) and industry interoperability standards and concepts
- Execution oriented with an ability to think strategically. You are not just a planner, you are also a doer. You’re not too proud to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. TechSpring still feels and operates like a start-up.
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail and very strong ability to work fast, prioritize and manage time well.
- Requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills, as well as creativity and the ability to work with abstract concepts.
- Healthcare industry experience: 5+ years professional experience in healthcare setting
- 1+ years project management experience
- Deep experience with Cerner EHR and ideally also a variety of other EHRs
- Experience with the procurement, customization, development, implementation, management, evaluation, and continuous improvement of clinical information systems, such as EHRs
TechSpring and Baystate Health are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.