Here's what is happening this week at the intersection of technology and healthcare.
Save the date: Tap into TechSpring TT5
Our next monthly open house health & tech networking event, Tap into TechSpring, is Thursday, April 9th and will be focused on Population Health. Dr. Evan Benjamin, Senior Vice President for Quality & Population Health and Chief Quality Officer for Baystate Health will lead a discussion. This will be followed by an example from the front line of Population Health, a current innovation project that is live in the Baystate environment! Presented by TechSpring & Twine Health. RSVP here
Engage in Innovation: Give Feedback
Thank you to all physicians, nurses, social workers, care coordinators and patients who participated in the TechSpring FutureView sessions with Medecision this week. Sharing your opinions and expertise helps ensure that the technology of the future is patient centric and optimized for your workflows! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to share your voice with technology innovators.
Engage in Innovation: Advanced Clinical Decision Support
Through TechSpring, Baystate is working with Cerner and UpToDate on a project experimenting with Advanced Clinical Decision Support. Initial clinical modules considered include treatment of H. Pylori, low back pain, and atrial fibrillation. If you are a Baystate physician using CIS and interested in giving feedback, please contact Jill McCormick at email@example.com
Engage in Innovation: Volunteer at TechSpring
We are looking for volunteers to help grow and support our vibrant innovation community. From small projects to help with the day-to-day and events. Please sign up here to indicate your interest.
- Congrats to resident member Dr. Luis Munoz with EdenIS- proof that TechSpring collisions pay off. In this case literally, as a TechSpring community investor signed a check here just this week! Celebrate with Luis, as well as 29 other start-ups at the VVM Accelerator Reception on Friday March 20th.
- TechSpring is incubating Cowork Springfield and we are excited to connect with the broader local community right here in the office. The coworking wave is truly building traction here in Springfield!
- A warm welcome to our newest member of the TechSpring and Cowork Springfield community, Natalia Munoz an independent business owner working in healthcare and media.
- Healthcare and Technology Event Alert: Beacon Biomedical Engineering Alliance and Consortium invites you to attend a seminar on March 26, “Wireless Power for Tiny Medical Devices in the Human Body”. Beacon guides innovators from ideas to commercialization with a focus on technology and science.
Innovation Ecosystem Event Alert: On April 10, Steve Davis will be leading a Western MA Innovation Bus Tour to highlight key parts of the entrepreneurial and research ecosystem available to support innovation and startup activity in the Pioneer Valley. Organized and hosted by EDC, TechSpring, VVM, and UMass. Come get the big picture, all in one day. RSVP here!
- Don’t forget to register for VVM's HUGE party to reveal cash winners and celebrate their 1st Accelerator cohort!
- Save the date: The May 14th Tap into TechSpring TT6 will be Telemedicine focused.