Millions of Americans — as many as 43.5 million, according to a recent national survey — are providing care for aging family or friends, and too many of those caregivers work in isolation with little recognition or support from others.
Join us Thursday, 7/11 for an inspirational and honest cafe-style evening where we let our guard down and explore the taboo subject of getting old and the burden of care.
We’ll cover a lot of ground, from statewide initiatives to the work of the local healthcare and social sectors -- all working together to ease the burden of caregiving.
Guest speakers include:
- Laurance Stuntz, Director, Massachusetts eHealth Institute
- Carrie Earle-Allen, Cofounder, AGENCY at Cambridge Innovation Center (CIC) and Managing Partner at CIC Captains of Innovation
- Nicole McGurin, Family Services Director, Alzheimer’s Association
- Brenda Labbee, Caregiver Advisor, Greater Springfield Senior Services
- Deborah Nichols, Baystate Wing Hosp Readmission Reduction Team
- Lea Stein, RN of El Grupo de Apoyo de Demencia
Join us for our monthly open-house networking event called Tap into TechSpring.
We are a vibrant innovation community of technologists and healthcare professionals working together to solve the very real challenges in healthcare today. We do this over food, beer and good cheer - learn more about Tap into TechSpring events here.
Mark your calendars, it is always the second Thursday of each month from 5-8pm.
What’s on Tap?