Baystate Health is a progressive, integrated health system nationally recognized for quality of care and technology adoption. TechSpring works every day to facilitate the projects and interactions that are solving the problems of our industry today, re-inventing healthcare as we know it. Come join our team!
Curious what the TechSpring office looks like? - click here ...
Innovation Manager (posted 2/20/18)
TechSpring accelerates innovation in healthcare informatics & technology. Our main activity is structuring and executing innovation projects in partnerships between Baystate Health and world-class technology innovators such as Cerner, Intersystems, Imprivata, Medecision, NTT Data, and BD.
This work is challenging. We work on the biggest problems in healthcare today, engaging and leading clinical and technology innovators in complex cross-organizational and inter-departmental project teams. To be successful, we anchor our work in one question: What needs to be learned or proven to move new solutions forward? This is a lean-startup-meets-healthcare, no-excuses approach, with a laser focus on what we can get done today.
Do you have the healthcare, program & project management experience to lead such projects? Do you ideally have experience from a (management) consulting company or healthcare operational leadership? Please email us: email@example.com
Position reports to: Managing Director and co-founder of TechSpring, Christian Lagier
Work location: TechSpring, downtown Springfield MA. You have to be local or willing to relocate, only minimal travel. This is an in-person, relationship-heavy job as you will be receiving Innovation Partner teams from around the world coming here to engage with our Living Lab - the healthcare ecosystem of Western Massachusetts.
Primary Job responsibilities
Program Management: Manage a portfolio of technology projects with our Innovation Partners piloting their technology solutions with Baystate. This is a very visible leadership role, applying the TechSpring Process, including:
- Scoping and structuring projects
- Writing Statements of Work (project charter) including defining goals & metrics
- Engaging Baystate and Innovation Partner stakeholders in project participation (e.g. resource allocation)
- Defining project strategy in order to align outcomes with organizational goals
- Tracking projects, holding participants accountable, resolve roadblocks
- Project Management: Leverage solid project management experience to guide and manage individual project managers. In some cases, roll-up your sleeves and manage projects hands-on: project plans, lead status meetings, task tracking, coordination, follow-up, etc.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of TechSpring Process and use of supporting technology (CRM, project management system, triage system, file sharing, O365, Sharepoint, etc).
- Inspire a culture of innovation, trial and error, fail-fast mentality in a real life healthcare environment unaccustomed to these concepts.
Work with healthcare professionals to identify enablers and barriers to technology adoption. Develop creative, fun, innovative and engaging strategies and ideas for overcoming adoption barriers and reaching value & impact goals.
- Detailed understanding of healthcare, the culture, the challenges, the opportunities, the industry direction, the economics.
- Strong, broad conceptual understanding, and some hands-on experience, with technology such as end-user level (e.g. O365, Sharepoint, project mgt system, CRM, content mgt systems, mobile), enterprise technology, or industry standards & concepts e.g. ICD, CCD, HL7, FHIR, etc.
- Execution oriented. You are not just a planner but also a doer. You’re not too proud to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get a job done. TechSpring still feels and operates like a start-up.
- Proven track record working across teams and functions to achieve success, including holding participants accountable for their commitments.
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail and very strong ability to work fast, prioritize and manage time well.
- A motivational and engaging program manager. You will need to have proven skills in managing and leading teams, visible leadership, task follow-through, and fostering a strong team spirit.
- Healthcare industry experience: 3+ years professional experience in healthcare setting, e.g. IT, physician, nurse, pharmacy, administration, finance.
- Technology experience: super-user status on one or more healthcare applications or 3+ years of product/solution development experience
- Experience from management consulting company strongly preferred
- 3+ years project management experience
- Bachelor's degree required, master’s degree in healthcare-related field preferred (MS, MPH, MBA, MD, PhD)
To apply, submit your CV and brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Innovation Manager" in the subject line.
COMING SOON: TWO NEW TECHSPRING POSITIONS (updated 3/9/18)
*Clinical Informatics Specialist
* Data Informatics Specialist
Check back soon for more information about how to apply. We hope to post a complete job description on or before March 26, 2018. In the meantime, please email your CV to email@example.com if you are interested in these positions.
Bookkeeper – Part Time
TechSpring continues to grow, and we need immediate help taming our income and expenses. We’re seeking an independent contractor with bookkeeping experience to spend approximately 10-12 hours per month helping our team with A/P, A/R, and other accounting duties, including reconciling between different accounting systems.
If you meet the following requirements and enjoy working with a fun and productive team, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3-5+ years’ experience working in an accounting department preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient with computers, especially using MS Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Must be a flexible team player with ability to communicate professionally with all levels of management
- Some remote work is possible, but must be able to work onsite in downtown Springfield, MA
TechSpring and Baystate Health are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.