March's Investor Office Hours are FULL - sign up for April!
Investor Office Hours gives entrepreneurs a chance to meet with angel investors who have experience with early-stage investing. Entrepreneurs will learn about funding sources in Western Massachusetts, what angel investing is and what it isn't, who it's for, and how to determine if it's right for their startup. Office Hours are unstructured discussions and involve no decisions about funding.
These sessions have limited seats, so register early. Due to space constraints, we ask that a maximum of two representatives per company attend. Sessions begin with a presentation by a private investor on the basics of early-stage funding and the typical investment process. Following this, each entrepreneur will meet one-on-one with an angel investor, who will provide feedback on the business venture and answer questions about the angel investing process.
Please note that attending an Office Hours session does not guarantee your company will be considered for funding by any of the angel investors or groups they are associated with. This is not a screening session and you are not pitching for funding.
What is covered during the Investor Office Hours?
- How to determine appropriate sources of funding for your opportunity
- How to present yourself to investors
- How to match your business to funding sources
- What investors look for
- Your questions about the funding process
- Confidentially discuss your opportunity
A typical schedule is as follows:
- Funding Overview (9am to 10am) Everyone attends
- Slot 1 (10am to 10:30am) Individual break out session
- Slot 2 (10:30am to 11am) Individual break out session
- Slot 3 (11am to 11:30am) Individual break out session
Each entrepreneur will be assigned a time slot at 10am, after the Funding Overview, to meet one-on-one with an angel investor. All participants attend the 9am funding overview presentation and may then have to wait for their one-on-one time slot